The frame for the top is constructed from 35mm square softwood screwed and glued together in three sections. The two side modules with the rack space slots and the trapezoid centre section
First job then was to measure and cut the component parts
Once cut the various parts were glued, clamped and screwed together
I’m the first to admit that I am far from perfect. It was while finishing up for the day I suddenly realised that the top rail would foul any rack mount equipment I tried to put in there (I’m planning a patch bay at the top of each console) What I needed was for the top rail angle to be at right angles to the 15 degree console slope. So giving my self a stern talking to, I grabbed the router, made up jig to run it against and routed the top rail to the correct angle. Idiot!
The next day I finished the top frame construction by making the lozenge section that slotted between the two consoles.
The frame was finally finished with a good sanding and then sprayed mat black.
Next up – Adventures in drilling! Making the leg trestles.